Capel Eidalwyr, the Catholic chapel at the prisoner of war camp, Henllan, is a timber-framed prefabricated structure, built c.1940 as a dormitory and shortly afterwards converted to a chapel for Italian prisoners of war. It was formally dedicated in 1944. The chapel contains a number of wallpaintings of Italianate baroque style, chiefly produced by Mario Felito utilising basic materials, such as wood from cases, cement bags, tins and roofing felt. The paint was made by extracting natural dyes.
Italian POWs were employed in the excavation of Caerau Henllan, whose earthworks the camp partly overlies.